Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address and payment details) whenever you complete an online form. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use this website or purchase goods or services.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
• to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
• statistical analysis
• customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
• marketing—see Marketing and opting out below
• fraud prevention and detection
• billing and order fulfilment
• to notify you any changes to this website or our services which may affect you
• security vetting
• improving our services
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by email about products, which may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by writing to us.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
• our agents and service providers
• credit reference agents — see Credit checking below
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your data secure
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
To enable us to make credit decisions about you and for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We do not store customers card details.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a cookie, which is a small file, on your computers hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
• to recognise you whenever you visit this website
• to speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log on each time)
• to store your personal preferences
• to build a profile about you
• to better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: aboutcookies.org
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at:
Cove Cashmere Ltd
Unit 2 Brices Yard